Ladi Pav, or Pav Bread or Buns or Dinner Rolls whatever you call, they're awesome aren't they? Today, I'm going to show you how to make these Ladi Pav or Buns but we're going to stuff these with a lipsmacking chatpati(lil sweet, lil sour, lil tangy, lil spicy) vegetable filling making a Surprise Inside Pav or some sort making a perfect dish for your lil one's lunch box or for you to enjoy as a snack anytime! These are soft, fluffy, moist, spongy feather soft, with the amazing filling yet, without any commercial stabilizers/emulsifiers/improver and these are eggless! My family is all gaga over these, all they want to snack on is this, so make this and enjoy with your family and why wouldn't they? These are outstandingly amazing .
|Milk||95 Milliliter (1 1/3 Cup plus 1 1/2 tablespoon)|
|Sugar||7 1/2 Gram (1/2 Tablespoon)|
|Instant yeast||4 Gram (1 Teaspoon)|
|Plain flour||125 Gram (Plus more for dusting)|
|Salt||2 1/2 Gram (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Milk powder||9 Gram (1 Tablespoon)|
|Canola oil||15 Milliliter (Hudson, 1 Tablespoon)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Tablespoon (For brushing)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For brushing)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Roughly chopped onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Roughly chopped carrots||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pea||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped potatoes||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped beans||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green chili||1 Teaspoon|
|Kasoori methi||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chaat masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1/4 Pinch|
1. Mix sugar in milk. Add yeast and mix well. Place the milk in a warm oven to activate yeast.
2. Meawhile, mix together flour, salt, milk powder and then make a well in the centre.
3. Pour activated yeast mixture in the center and then mix the flour with the yeast mix until well combined and dough like.
4. Add more milk, if required until the dough is sticky.
5. Add canola oil to the dough and continue to knead and scrape without adding any extra flour until the sticky mess forms a dough, roughly for about 15 minutes.
6. Coat the dough with some oil and place it in a greased bowl. Let it proof.
7. Heat oil in a pan, saute cumin, then add chilies and garlic followed by onion, potatoes, beans, corn, caroots and peas. Toss around.
8. Season the vegetables with chaat masala, turmeric powder, pepper, cumin powder, garam masala, kasoori methi and red chili powder. Mix and cook the vegetables for about 3 to 4 minutes.
9. Turn the heat off and then add salt, sugar and vinegar. Mix well and then let the stuffing cool down completely.
10. When the dough has doubled in volume, divide the dough into 8 equal parts.
11. Take each part and flatten them up, stuff with the vegetable stuffing and seal, the way its done in the video.
12. Place the ball in a round baking dish. Baste with milk and let the buns proof in a dish for about an hour or until they double in volume.
13. Baste again with milk gently and bake in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes at 200 C.
14. Apply a coating of butter on the buns and let them rest for a bit.
15. Serve the buns while still warm. Enjoy.