A terrific arrangement of syrup-soaked brownies and smooth creamy custard topped with juicy strawberries and chocolate sauce. A garnish of mixed nuts is another smart stroke in this masterpiece. Indeed, the brownie and strawberry surprise will make chocolate fans dizzy with delight!
|For the custard|
|Custard powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Cold milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For the chocolate sauce|
|Chopped chocolate||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brownie||1 (cut into 4 pieces)|
|Powdered sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (dissolved in 1/4 cup water)|
|Whipped cream||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Thinly sliced strawberries||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Crushed nuts||2 Tablespoon (mixed nuts)|
|Water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
FOR THE CUSTARD
1. In a small bowl, combine together custard powder and ¼ cup of cold milk and mix properly until smooth.
2. In a saucepan, combine the remaining milk and sugar. Mix properly and bring to boil. Add the prepared custard-milk mixture, and cook on medium heat for 2 - 3 minutes, while stirring continuously. Remove from stove and allow to cool completely.
FOR CHOCOLATE SAUCE
3. In a microwave safe bowl, combine together milk and chocolate and microwave on high for a couple of minutes. Remove from microwave, stir in a gentle way and keep aside to cool slightly.
4. In a small bowl, combine together sugar and ¼ cup of water and mix well until sugar is properly dissolved.
5. On a plate, place 4 pieces of brownie and pour 1.5 tablespoons of sugar syrup on each brownie. Keep aside for ten minutes to allow the brownies to soak the syrup well.
6. Now mix properly chocolate sauce and ¼ cup of milk and keep aside.
7. Fold in gently the prepared custard with vanilla essence and whipped cream, and keep aside.
8. Now take a glass and place two pieces of brownie, 3 - 4 strawberry slices and top with ¼ cup of custard. Again layer with 3 - 4 strawberry slices and two tablespoons of chocolate sauce followed by 3 - 4 strawberry slices, 2 tablespoons of custard and 1 tablespoon of chocolate sauce. Lastly sprinkle 1 tablespoon of mixed nuts and garnish with a strawberry slice.
9. Repeat the above steps to make another serving.
10. Refrigerate for at least an hour
11. Serve the dessert chilled.
Calories 1170Calories from Fat 540
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.8%
Saturated Fat 32 g160%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 294 mg12.25%
Total Carbohydrates 148 g49.3%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 111 g
Protein 16 g32%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 2340Calories from Fat 1080
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 122 g187.6%
Saturated Fat 64 g320%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 588 mg24.5%
Total Carbohydrates 296 g98.6%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 222 g
Protein 32 g64%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet