Betty describes how to make Marbled Chocolate Almond Butter Brownies. This recipe uses Smooth and Golden Almond Butter from the previous video, but you may substitute peanut butter in place of the almond butter, if you prefer.
|For chocolate brownie layer|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (((2 sticks)))|
|Unsweetened chocolate||4 Ounce (((4 squares of 1 ounce each)))|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Granulated sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Self rising flour||1 1/3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Cooking oil spray||1 Teaspoon (((as needed)))|
|For almond butter brownie layer|
|Creamy almond butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (((or peanut butter)))|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs) , softened|
|Granulated sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Self rising flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Miniature marshmallows||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Toasted sliced almonds||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) (((you may use toasted chopped peanuts, if you prefer)))|
|For chocolate frosting|
|Butter||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa||3 Tablespoon|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. For chocolate brownie layer, in a saucepan combine butter and unsweetened chocolate.
2. Place the pan on low heat, stir occasionally and melt chocolate.
3. Remove pan from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add sugar, and beaten egg. Mix well.
5. Pour melted chocolate mixture into the bowl, a little at a time, and mix after each addition.
6. Drop self rising flour and vanilla. Mix to incorporate.
7. Grease a 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray, and transfer ½ of the mixture into it. Spread evenly.
8. Now, for almond butter brownie batter, in a separate bowl, combine creamy almond butter, brown sugar, softened butter, and granulated sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
9. Drop egg, one at a time, and beat after each addition.
10. Throw flour and mix until just blended.
11. Spoon almond mixture over the chocolate brownie batter in the baking dish.
12. Top it with remaining chocolate brownie mixture, and swirl together as shown in the video.
13. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
14. Pop the baking dish in oven, and bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick when inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and place it on a wire rack.
15. Sprinkle marshmallows and almonds evenly on top of hot brownie.
16. For frosting, in a saucepan, add butter, cocoa, and milk.
17. Place the pan on low heat, whisk constantly and cook for about 4 minutes or until slightly thickened.
18. Remove pan from the heat, and drop sugar and vanilla in it. Whisk until smooth.
19. Spread frosting on brownie, as desired. Let it cool completely.
20. Cut into slices and serve immediately.
If you are using all purpose flour instead of self rising flour, then add baking powder and baking soda
Calories 1283Calories from Fat 593
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104.6%
Saturated Fat 30 g150%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 556 mg23.17%
Total Carbohydrates 165 g55%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32%
Sugars 117 g
Protein 18 g36%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 10264Calories from Fat 4744
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 544 g836.8%
Saturated Fat 240 g1200%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4448 mg185.36%
Total Carbohydrates 1320 g440%
Dietary Fiber 64 g256%
Sugars 936 g
Protein 144 g288%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet