In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Lunchtime Turkey Croissant Sandwich.
This is similar to a sandwich I ordered when we recently ate lunch at The Julep Cup Restaurant in Lexington, Kentucky.
|Turkey breast roast||1 1/2 Pound , thawed|
|Frozen pastry sheets||17 1/3 Ounce , thawed|
|Water||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) (1/2 cup+ 1/4 cup)|
|Crumbled blue cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (Optional)|
|For egg wash|
|Eggs||1 , beaten|
|Parsley||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , finely chopped|
1. Rinse and place turkey breast, fat side up in slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle salt, and cook for about 3 ½ -4 hours or until it reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees at the thickest part.
3. Remove the turkey from slow cooker, and place it on a cutting board. Tent it with aluminium foil for about 10-60 minutes.
4. Remove turkey fat and cut it into small cubes.
5. For gravy, strain pan juices to remove fat. In a medium sized pot, pour the juice and set aside.
6. In a small bowl, add cornstarch and ½ cup of water. Mix.
7. Pour it into the pot with pan juice. Mix well.
8. Place pot over low heat and stir until gravy is brown and bubbly. Add about ¼ cup water and continue to cook over low heat. Remove pot from heat when the gravy becomes thick and can hold the turkey cubes together.
9. Drop 2 cups cooked turkey cubes into the gravy and stir.
10. Add crumbled blue cheese, if desired. Mix well and set aside.
11. Take puff pastry sheets out of the containers and unfold them. Cut each sheet into 4 equal squares.
12. Place ¼ of turkey mixture in the center of each pastry squares. Do not extend the mixture out to the edge.
13. Apply little water on the edges of pastry sheet and cover each turkey-topped pastry square with a plain one.
14. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and place turkey filled pastry squares on it.
15. Use a fork to crimp the edges of pastry squares.
16. In a bowl beat egg with 1 tablespoon of cold water. Apply egg wash on pastry squares.
17. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
18. Place the baking pan in oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until pastry squares begins to brown and are crisp. Remove from oven.
19. Serve turkey croissant hot with parsley garnish.
Instead of slow cooking you can also roast the turkey following the package direction.
You can prepare 4 croissant sandwiches with 2 cups of turkey. If you want 8 sandwiches, use 4 cups of cubed turkey, and double the ingredient amounts from here on as required.
Calories 550Calories from Fat 232
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40%
Saturated Fat 8 g40%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 631 mg26.29%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 43 g86%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 3300Calories from Fat 1392
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 156 g240%
Saturated Fat 48 g240%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3786 mg157.74%
Total Carbohydrates 198 g66%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 258 g516%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet