|Soft margarine||6 Tablespoon|
|Soft brown sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Bananas||2 Small , mashed|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1 Teaspoon (for greasing)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (extra for dusting)|
|Clear honey||1 Tablespoon|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||2 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely chopped brazil nuts||2 Tablespoon|
1) 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
2) Take an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan and lightly grease with shortening, then dust with flour.
3) In a large bowl, combine margarine, sugar, egg and mashed bananas. Sift in the flour and baking powder. Mix it until evenly blended.
4) Put the batter into the prepared pan and level the surface. Bake for 1-1 1/4 hours, until browned and firm to the touch.
5) Cool the cake for 10 minutes and then turn out of the pan.
6) To make the frosting, in a bowl, add honey into the confectioner-€™s sugar. Mix with a large metal spoon. Add just enough water to give a thick pouring consistency.
7) Place a plate under the wire rack and frost the cake over top and let it run down from sides.
8) Leave for 10 minutes to firm slightly, then sprinkle nuts and let it set before cutting.
9) Serve Banana and Brazil bread as a snack at tea time.