|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Grease a 9X5X3-inch loaf pan lightly with butter. Sprinkle flour to coat the pan well. Shake off the excess flour.
3) Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg and all spice onto a wax paper.
4) In a medium bowl, add in the sugar and oil. With an electric mixer, beat to mix the ingredients to a smooth texture.
5) Into the bowl add in the eggs, one at a time. Beat again till smooth.
6) Add in the canned pumpkin along with the sifted dry ingredients. Stir to mix well.
7) Transfer the bread batter onto the loaf pan.
8) Bake for about 65 minutes. To check if the bread is ready, poke a toothpick into the centre of the loaf. If it comes out clean, it is done.
9) Allow the bread to cool down for about 10 minutes on a wire rack.
10) Using a spatula, loosen the edges of the bread. Unmoould onto the serving tray.
11) Let the bread cool down completely.
12) Serve individual slices of the Pumpkin Bread. If desired serve fresh cream or butter on the side.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1725Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3082 mg128.42%
Total Carbohydrates 391 g130.3%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 309 g
Protein 24 g48%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet