|All purpose flour||7 1/2 Cup (120 tbs)|
|Fast rising yeast/Regular dry yeast||1/2 Ounce (2 packages)|
|Sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , cut in pieces (1 stick)|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Green onion||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Hot red pepper sauce||1 Dash|
|Egg||1 Large , slightly beaten|
|Egg white||1 Large , slightly beaten|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Take a large bowl of electric mixer and mix 2 1/2 cups flour, the yeast, sugar and 2 teaspoons salt.
3) Take a saucepan, add milk, 1/2 cup butter and the water and heat until hot. Add it to flour mixture.
4) Using the mixer beat the mixture until smooth. Add 3 eggs and 2 1/2 cups flour and beat until smooth.
5) Add the remaining flour to make stiff dough. Knead the dough on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic.
6) Take a lightly greased large bowl and put the dough into it. Cover it and let is rise until double in size for about 1- 1 ½ hours.
7) To make filling- take a saucepan and add parsley, onion and butter and saute until browned on medium heat. Turn off the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
8) Fold in salt, pepper and red-pepper sauce. Keep aside about 2 tablespoons beaten whole egg and mix remaining egg to parsley mixture.
9) Knead the dough on a floured surface and then divide it into half. Roll out the dough into 16-by-8-inch rectangle and coat 1 tablespoon reserved whole egg and spread with half of filling.
10) Roll the dough in jelly roll style, starting from narrow end. Seal the edges together and tuck them under.
11) Take greased 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan and put the rolls with seam side down on it. Cover it and repeat the process with other half dough. Let it rise until the sides come to top of pan and are rounded.
12) Coat each loaf with beaten egg white and sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon sesame seeds.
13) Put the loaf on the rack in middle of oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until well browned. The loaf should sound hollow when tapped with knuckle.
14) Remove from pan immediately and cool completely on rack, away from drafts.
15) Serve the spiral herbal bread at dinner time.
If crust seems too brown after 25 minutes of baking, cover loosely with foil.
Calories 670Calories from Fat 188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.3%
Saturated Fat 11 g55%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 615 mg25.63%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.3%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 18 g36%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 5360Calories from Fat 1504
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 168 g258.4%
Saturated Fat 88 g440%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4920 mg205.04%
Total Carbohydrates 800 g266.4%
Dietary Fiber 32 g128%
Sugars 72 g
Protein 144 g288%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet