|All purpose flour||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shortening||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , chopped|
|Coconut||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , shredded|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs) , quartered (fresh or frozen, defrosted)|
|Canned pineapple||8 Ounce , crushed (1 can)|
|Confectioners' sugar||2 Tablespoon (optional)|
|Coconut||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , shredded (optional)|
1) Arrange the ingredients and place in large mixing bowl.
2) Take a 9x5-in loaf dish and line it on bottom with wax paper,
2) Blend at low speed until all ingredients are moistened.
3) With blender, beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
4) Sread the mixture in the prepared loaf tin.
5) Shield ends of loaf dish with 2-in wide strips of foil, covering 1 inch of batter and molding remainder around handles of loaf dish.
6) Center loaf dish on inverted saucer in oven.
7) Microwave at 50% (Medium) 9 minutes, rotating 1/4 turn every 1 to 2 minutes.
8) Increase power to High; microwave 2 to 4 minutes.
9) Remove foil after 2 minutes, and rotate every 1 to 2 minutes.
10) Dust cooled loaf with confectioners' sugar or sprinkle with coconut during last cooking stage, if desired.
11) Serve the bread in breakfast or as snack.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2452Calories from Fat 1120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 129 g198.5%
Saturated Fat 38 g190%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2889 mg120.38%
Total Carbohydrates 322 g107.3%
Dietary Fiber 16 g64%
Sugars 273 g
Protein 26 g52%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet