|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh orange juice||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 Large , lightly beaten|
|Chopped nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cranberries||2 Cup (32 tbs) , coarsely chopped (Fresh / Frozen)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F.
2) Grease a 9X5X3-inch loaf pan.
3) In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4) Drop in bits of butter. Mix to get a crumbly mixture.
5) In a bowl, mix the orange juice with the orange rind and egg. Pour the wet into the dry ingredients. Mix well.
6) Carefully fold in the chopped nuts and cranberries.
7) Pour the batter into a 9X5X3-inch loaf pan. Smoothen out the batter so that it is higher along the edges than the centre.
8) Bake the bread for about 60 minutes till it turns a golden brown.
9) Let the bread cool down in its mould for about 10 minutes.
10) Unmould the Cranberry bread, slice and serve with butter on the side.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3251Calories from Fat 1184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 130 g200%
Saturated Fat 43 g215%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 4998 mg208.25%
Total Carbohydrates 477 g159%
Dietary Fiber 29 g116%
Sugars 231 g
Protein 65 g130%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet