|Warm water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||2 1/3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) , shredded|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Grease a 3-inch loaf pan or two 1-pound coffee cans and set aside.
3) In a bowl, combine together the yeast, water and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Mix well and set aside.
4) In a large mixing bowl, combine together the 1 1/3 cups of flour, remaining sugar, salt, sour cream, soda and egg. Mix well.
5) Add the yeast mixture and beat well for 2 minutes.
6) Add the remaining flour, pepper and cheese. Stir well. The dough formed will be sticky.
7) Between the cans, divide the dough and let it rise for 50 minutes. The volume will not double.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes and remove from the cans right away.
9) Transfer the hot bread to a plate, let it cool and then slice. Serve the bread as and when preferred.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2312Calories from Fat 894
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g156.9%
Saturated Fat 59 g295%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3449 mg143.71%
Total Carbohydrates 269 g89.7%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 40 g
Protein 81 g162%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet