|Chopped onions||2 Tablespoon|
|Sifted flour||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1/4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Dill seed/Celery / poppy / caraway seed||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Large curd cream style cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Take a skillet, heat Crisco and sautÃ© onion until soft. Remove from heat and set it aside.
3. In a mixer bowl, add yeast, 1 cup flour, soda, and dill seed.
4. Take another skillet and heat together sugar, cottage cheese, water, and salt until the mixture gets just warm.
5. Combine the wet cheese mixture with dry ingredients and onions. Blend in egg.
6. Using electric mixer beat the mixture for about half a minute, and keep on scraping the bowl.
7. Beat the mixture for another 3 minutes at high speed.
8. Stir in remaining flour and combine it with hands.
9. Cover and allow the dough to double in next 1 ¼ hours.
10. Punch down the dough and turn it on well-greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
11. Allow the dough to double and light, for atleast 40 minutes.
12. Bake the dough for about 55 minutes and towards 15 minutes; bake it after covering with foil.
13. Brush the Dilly bread with softened butter and sprinkle salt over it before serving.
14. Serve the Dilly bread with beef stew.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1748Calories from Fat 323
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.4%
Saturated Fat 12 g60%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3179 mg132.46%
Total Carbohydrates 287 g95.7%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48%
Sugars 39 g
Protein 67 g134%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet