|Active dry yeast/2 cakes compressed yeast||1/2 Ounce (2 packages)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Raisins||2 Cup (32 tbs) (seedless)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (firmly packed)|
|Ground coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Wheat germ||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Nonfat dry milk crystals||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven at 350°F.
2) Grease 3 loaf pans.
3) In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast or crumble the cakes into water.
4) Use very warm water (105°F.to 115° F.) for dry yeast and use lukewarm water (80°F.to 90°F.) for compressed yeast.
5) Allow the yeast to soak for a few minutes and then stir until dissolved.
6) In another bowl, take some boiling water and add raisins.
7) When the water cools to lukewarm, add the dissolved yeast along with butter, sugar, eggs, coriander, salt, wheat germ and 4 1/2 cups flour and mix well.
8) Mix in the remaining flour, and turn out on a lightly floured board.
9) Knead the mix till it forms a smooth dough.
10) Store in a greased bowl and let it rise till size is double. In between, turn over once.
11) After dough rises, punch down and let it rise for another 30 minutes.
12) In the 3 loaf pans, distribute the dough accordingly and let it rise for 45 minutes.
13) Place in oven and bake for about 50 minutes.
14) Slice and serve with some cheese at the side.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 3507Calories from Fat 991
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g173.8%
Saturated Fat 62 g310%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 7243 mg301.79%
Total Carbohydrates 539 g179.7%
Dietary Fiber 34 g136%
Sugars 374 g
Protein 129 g258%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet