|Water||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cracked wheat||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) , warmed about 95°f|
|Honey||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon (2 Packages)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs) , warmed|
|Unbleached all||purpose flour|
|Wheat germ||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs) , toasted|
|Chopped dates||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cashew pieces||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peanut oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Corn meal||4 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required For Dusting)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) In a small saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil, stir in the cracked wheat, simmer on a low heat until soft.
3) On a large plate, spread the cracked wheat and allow to cool to room temperature.
4) In a large bowl, stir the honey and yeast in 1 cup warm water until dissolved and allow the stand for 10 minutes.
5) Stir in warm buttermilk, whole-wheat bread flour and 3 cups all-purpose flour with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes.
6) Stir in the cooled cracked wheat, toasted wheat germ, 1 cup all-purpose flour and salt for 2 minutes.
7) Stir in the dates and cashews, until combined, then add some all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
8) On a lightly floured work surface, knead the dough for about 10 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic. Shape the dough into a ball.
9) Coat a large bowl, with the olive oil, roll the dough in the oil to coat, tightly cover the bowl with plastic wrap and keep in a warm place for about 2 hours until doubled in bulk.
10) Deflate the dough, turn on a very lightly floured work surface and allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes. Shape the dough in a 10-inch round loaf, 1 inch high.
11) On a heavy baking sheet, sprinkle the flour, place the dough on the sheet, cover with a dry towel and keep in a warm place to double for 1 hour.
12) Slash 3 lines, 1/2 inch deep on top of the loaf with a knife and dust the loaf with the flour.
13) Spray the oven oven with water at 10-minute intervals and bake for 30 minutes. Then bake the bread for another 10 minuteswithout spraying or until the crust is crisp and the bread sounds hollow when tapped.
14) Gently remove the hot loaf from the oven and place on a rack to cool.
15) Slice and serve on individual serving plates.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 5796Calories from Fat 752
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 89 g136.9%
Saturated Fat 14 g70%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2036 mg84.83%
Total Carbohydrates 1121 g373.7%
Dietary Fiber 96 g384%
Sugars 233 g
Protein 174 g348%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet