|Pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) , chopped|
|Cranberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) , coarsely ground|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. To prepare the cake pan, grease a 9 inch angle cake pan, and sprinkle ½ cup of pecans evenly on the bottom of the pan. Keep aside
2. In a small bowl combine cranberries and ¼ cup sugar and keep aside.
3. In a large bowl sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt adding in the cut butter and margarine. Using fork or fingers, blend well till the mixture becomes crumbly. Add in 1 cup of pecans and the lemon rind. Mix well.
4. In a small bowl beat the eggs and mik.
5. Mix the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and incorporate well till becomes wet and moist batter.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and place in oven at 350 Degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Insert a wooden toothpick or fork in the centre, it should come out clean to ensure the loaf is completely baked.
7. Remove from oven and cool on the kitchen rack. Use a knife to loose the edges and invert onto a serving cake dish when completely cooled.
8. Wrap loaf in wax paper, foil, or transparent wrap. Store overnight to mellow flavors and make slicing easier. Cut in thin wedges.
9. The loaf may be eaten hot or cold along with coffee or tea.
Calories 826Calories from Fat 378
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.7%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 74.3 mg
Sodium 498.5 mg20.77%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.26 g25%
Sugars 46.4 g
Protein 13 g25.8%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 10.3%
Calcium 36.5% Iron 25.3%
Calories 4956Calories from Fat 2268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 264 g406.2%
Saturated Fat 45.6 g228%
Trans Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 445.8 mg
Sodium 2991 mg124.62%
Total Carbohydrates 606 g201%
Dietary Fiber 37.56 g150%
Sugars 278.4 g
Protein 78 g154.8%
Vitamin A 18.6% Vitamin C 61.8%
Calcium 219% Iron 151.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet