|Unsweetened milk alternatives||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Of Choice)|
|Ground flaxseed||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole grain spelt flour/Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Grapeseed oil/Vegetable oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Very ripe bananas||4 Medium , mashed (About 1|
|Nuts/Dried fruit / other add||ins|
1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF (175ºC) and grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the milk alternative and flaxseed and set aside. In a medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. Returning to your mixing
bowl, blend in the oil, vanilla, and bananas until well mixed. Stir in the dry ingredients by hand, being
careful not to over-mix a few lumps are okay.
3. Gently fold in the nuts, fruit, or any other add-ins, if using. Spread the batter into your prepared loaf
pan, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top is browned and resilient to the touch.
4. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes before removing it to a wire rack to cool
* I prefer to use a full 2 cups of banana for the deepest flavor and a very moist bread, but using 1/2 cup
less will allow the bread to rise a bit more.
For more great recipes like this you can purchase the book Go Dairy Free at www.godairyfree.org.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2221Calories from Fat 965
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 106 g163.1%
Saturated Fat 16 g80%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2989 mg124.54%
Total Carbohydrates 277 g92.3%
Dietary Fiber 43 g172%
Sugars 53 g
Protein 48 g96%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet