|Pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) , chopped|
|Cranberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) , coarsely ground|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs) , sifted|
|Baking powder||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||2 Teaspoon , grated|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Grease a 9-inch angel-cake pan sprinkle 1/2 cup of the pecans evenly over bottom.
2. Mix cranberries and 1/4 cup of the sugar in a small bowl let stand while preparing batter.
3. Sift flour, remaining 1 cup sugar,baking powder and salt into a large bowl cut in shortening with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles cornmeal. Stir in the .remaining pecans and lemon rind.
4. Beat eggs well in a small bowl stir in milk. Add all at once to flour mixture stir just until moist stir in sugared cranberries. Spoon into prepared pan spread top even.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350) for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or till wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a rack 10 minutes. Loosen around edge and center with knife turn out onto rack. Cool completely.
6. Wrap loaf in waxed paper, foil or plastic wrap. Store overnight to mellow flavors and make slicing easier.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 4957Calories from Fat 2269
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 264 g406.2%
Saturated Fat 45.57 g227.9%
Trans Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 445.6 mg
Sodium 2990.7 mg124.61%
Total Carbohydrates 603 g201.1%
Dietary Fiber 37.54 g150%
Sugars 278.3 g
Protein 77 g154.6%
Vitamin A 18.6% Vitamin C 61.6%
Calcium 218.9% Iron 152%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet