|Shortening||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 3/4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Banana||1 Cup (16 tbs) , mashed|
1. Melt shortening in a glass measuring cup in microwave oven (about 1 minute at HIGH). Set aside to cool.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl beat the eggs.
4. Add the beaten egg, mashed banana and cooled shortening to dry ingredients. Mix quickly and lightly until dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Line a 1 1/2-quart (8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch) glass loaf dish with a paper towel. Turn mixture into dish. Cover with paper towel. Cook in microwave oven 7 to 9 minutes at BAKE, or until done; rotate dish one-quarter turn twice during the cooking period.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 2115Calories from Fat 567
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.5%
Saturated Fat 16 g80%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2104 mg87.67%
Total Carbohydrates 355 g118.3%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44%
Sugars 162 g
Protein 38 g76%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet