This is such a wonderful bread. Definitely top notch.
|Dried haskap berries||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Hot tea||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raisins||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped dates||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dried currants||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Candied citrus peel||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green candied cherries||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whiskey||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Self rising flour||1 3/4 Cup (28 tbs)|
1. Soak dried haskap berries, currants, dates, raisins, citrus peel and candied green cherries in hot tea and whiskey for 30 minutes to overnight in a big bowl.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease and prepare the loaf pan. Set it aside.
3. Add brown sugar to the soaked fruit bowl followed by nutmeg, ground cinnamon and egg and mix everything well.
4. Throw inself rising flour into the bowl. Stir to combine to make the batter.
5. Dump the bread batter to the loaf pan.
6. Bake for 1 1/4 hours. Slant and rest the loaf pan on its side for about 30 minutes on a cooling rack.
7. Slice and serve this bread with butter all by itself or with jam or butter or meat.