We all get that pack of Brown Bread that says, its Healthier. Is it seriously? Or just a White Loaf loaded with molasses? Now, Make Bake a bread at home without any fancy equipment and real simple ingredients. It's egg free, made without oven, and damn Healthy! And of course, it's Eggless Baking Without Oven! Get the ingredients ready to make this amazing Wheat Bread at your home!
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (140 gms)|
|Oats||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (50 gms)|
|Plain flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Maida (65 gms))|
|Vital wheat gluten||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Instant yeast||1 1/2 Teaspoon (6 gms)|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (15 gms)|
|Milk powder||2 Tablespoon (18 gms)|
|Butter||3 Teaspoon , divided|
|Oil||4 Teaspoon , divided|
|Milk||1 Tablespoon (For Brushing)|
|Sesame seed||1 Teaspoon (For Sprinkling)|
|Oats||1 Teaspoon (For Sprinkling)|
1. Warm up all the water, to it add the sugar and yeast and stir it well. Set it aside for 10 mins.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the whole wheat flour, oats, plain flour, milk powder, salt, vital wheat gluten and mix well.
3. Add the frothy yeast mix to the flour mix and give it a good stir. Once clumped, transfer to your kitchen platform, add 2 tsp butter and 2 tsp oil. Knead this for 15 minutes.
4. Add 1 tsp oil and give it a quick knead. Transfer to a greased bowl. cover with a damp cloth and let the yeast do its job for 45 minutes.
5. Once doubled in volume, punch it down and knead for a minute. Roll it around to make a round even ball. Now slowly roll it with your hands to make a oblong log. Transfer to a oil greased loaf tin/bread tin and press down.
6. Sprinkle little water and cover with a damp cloth and keep aside for 45 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes, heat up a baati maker/gas tandoor. Add Charcoal below the rack, keep the rack and cover and let it heat up in high flame for 15 minutes. Let the air be out, keep the lid in such a way that the air passes out.
8. After the dough has doubled, brush the bread loaf gently with milk and then sprinkle the oats and sesame.
9. Place a tawa over the rack and line it with some foil paper to diffuse the heat. Place the loaf tin above it and cover the baati maker/tandoor. In low flame, bake for 15 minutes.
10. After 15 minutes, let the bread sit on its one side. This is done to ensure the top gets evenly brown. Cover and bake for another 5 minutes.
11. Switch off the flame and turn the loaf around so that the bread sits on its other side. Cover and keep for 5 minutes, Flame Switched Off!
12. Take the bread out, brush the top generously with a tsp of butter. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then loosen the edges with a knife and take the bread out.
13. Roll the bread in a damp cloth, Cover it completely and leave it to cool.
14. Slice the Bread Loaf with a serrated knife, and use it to make your favorite sandwich
Calories 173Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.2%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 247 mg10.29%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 1384Calories from Fat 384
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.6%
Saturated Fat 8 g40%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1976 mg82.32%
Total Carbohydrates 216 g72%
Dietary Fiber 24 g96%
Sugars 16 g
Protein 40 g80%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet