Have you tried sizzling DolSot Bibimbob? This is the most nutritious and delicious dish ever. We will show you how it's done. Don't miss out! Vegetarian option included.
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh spinach||250 Gram|
|Bean sprout||250 Gram|
|Shiitake mushroom||50 Gram|
|Dried bracken||50 Gram|
|Spring onion||250 Gram|
|Beef||200 Gram (any part suitable for stirfry or steak, e.g. Sirloin, tenderloin,rib eye etc.)|
|Green onion||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Garlic||3 Teaspoon , mince|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||3 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
|Dark soy sauce||1 Teaspoon (as required)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon (as required, Light version)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1/2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Gochujang||1 Teaspoon (as required, Korean red pepper paste)|
1. Soak dried Shitake mushrooms and dried Bracken in cold water overnight. (at least a few hours)
2. Wash all vegetables thoroughly in cold water.
3. Peel a carrot and platycodons (if not pre-peeled). Cut 1/2 carrot into juliennes
3. Chop garlic and green onions.
4. Squeeze water out of soaked Shitake mushrooms and cut into juliennes.
5. Julienne beef and marinate with 2 table spoons of soy sauce (regular), 1 table spoon of sugar, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon of chopped garlic, 1 table spoon of chopped green onions and a pinch of black pepper
6. Wash 2 cups of rice and drain completely.
7. Add 2.1 cups of water.
8. Cook on high heat until it starts to boil.
9. Then, reduce to low heat and cook for another 15 minutes. (Do not open the lid during this.)
10. Take it off the heat and leave the lid on for 5-10 minutes.
11. Blanch the bracken in boiling water with a pinch of salt for about 15-20 minutes until they are soft. Rinse in cold water and squeeze all the water out.
12. Blanch Platycodons in boiling water with a pinch of salt for 10 minutes. (if not pre-blanched), rinse in cold water, squeeze all the water out.
13. Blanch spinach in boiling water with a pinch of salt for 3 minutes. (if not pre-blanched), rinse in cold water, squeeze all the water out.
14. Blanch Korean spring greens in boiling water with a pinch of salt for 3 minutes. (if not pre-blanched), rinse in cold water, squeeze all the water out.
15. Blanch Soy Bean Sprouts in boiling water with a pinch of salt for 5 min. Ensure the lid is on. Otherwise it could have unpleasant smell later. Rinse in cold water, drain (don't squeeze)
16. Coat a pan with sesame oil. Saute the brackens and the platycodons with 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic, 1 tablespoon of chopped green onions for 5 minutes on medium heat.
17. Add 2 tablespoons of water and 1 table spoon of Soy Sauce (used in soup, Gook Gan Jang) and saute for another 10-15 min.
18. Off the heat. Add a pinch of black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of sesame seeds and a hint of black pepper. Remove to a bowl.
19. Coat the pan again with sesame oil and saute mushrooms in sesame oil, with a pinch of salt and pepper for 5-10 min on high heat. Remove to another bowl.
20. Saute carrots in vegetable oil with a pinch of salt and pepper for 5-10 min on high heat. Remove to a bowl or plate.
21. Saute beef in vegetable oil on high heat until browned. Season and mix. Keep aside.
22. To the spinach add 1/2 teaspoon garlic and sesame oil each, 1 tablespoon of both the soy sauces, 1 tablespoon of chopped green onions, 1/2 teaspoon of sesame seeds and a pinch of black pepper. Mix in well using your hand.
23. Prepare the Korean Spring Greens exactly same as Spinach.
24. To the soy bean sprouts, add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, ½ teaspoon each of garlic and sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon of green onions and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well.
25. Place a bed of rice at the bottom of stone bowls and leave them on LOW heat for 10-15 min (or until golden brown crust is formed at the bottom)
26. Fry 2 eggs with salt and pepper.
27. Add more rice in the bowls.
28. Top with all ingredients with contrasting colors beside each other.
29. Place a fried egg on top of each dish.
30. Serve with Korean red chili paste and sesame oil on the side.
31. Enjoy. (Add red chili paste and sesame oil to your liking and mix everything well.)
Calories 1465Calories from Fat 465
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.5%
Saturated Fat 11 g55%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1882 mg78.42%
Total Carbohydrates 198 g66%
Dietary Fiber 17 g68%
Sugars 16 g
Protein 55 g110%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 2930Calories from Fat 930
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 106 g163%
Saturated Fat 22 g110%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3764 mg156.84%
Total Carbohydrates 396 g132%
Dietary Fiber 34 g136%
Sugars 32 g
Protein 110 g220%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet