|Meaty beef bones||4 Pound , cut into 4 inch chunks|
|Salt||3 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Ground thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce , quartered (1 can)|
|Lentils||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Carrots||2 Large , peeled and chopped|
|Fresh green beans||8 Ounce , cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|Coarsely chopped cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
1. Take a large kettle and add bay leaves, bones, water and salt into it.
2. Boil the mixture, and then simmer on low heat for 3 hours by covering the kettle until the meat gets separated from bones.
3. Strain the broth by passing it through a sieve and add it back to the pan.
4. Separate meat from bones and cut it into manageable pieces.
5. Add the meat back to the broth and discard bay leaves and bones.
6. Add ground thyme, tomatoes, lentils, carrots and green beans into the broth.
7. Boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and spoon off the foam.
9. Stir in cabbage and cook on low heat for 3 more minutes.
10. Season to taste.
11. Serve beef and lentil soup after garnishing with Parmesan cheese.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 899Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.3%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 7752 mg323%
Total Carbohydrates 160 g53.3%
Dietary Fiber 69 g276%
Sugars 16 g
Protein 58 g116%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet