Betty demonstrates how to make Beef Skillet Fiesta. This is a tasty main dish that is cooked on a stove top and is ready to eat in about 20 minutes.
|Beef broth||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Long grain white rice||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Finely chopped onion||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ground black peppercorn||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Canned diced tomato||14 1/2 Ounce , drained|
|Canned whole corn kernel||14 1/2 Ounce , drained|
|Green bell pepper||1/2 , cut in thin strips|
1. In a medium-sized pot, pour beef broth and bring to a boil over medium or high flame.
2. Add rice and bring back to a boil. Cover with lid, reduce heat to low, and cook for about 14 minutes or until the rice is tender.
3. Meanwhile, in a deep skillet, heat olive oil over medium-low flame or until shimmering. Add ground beef and salt. Cook over medium-low, stirring slightly, leaving meat in coarse chunks.
4. When beef is almost browned, add chopped onion and cook until onion is tender, but not browned. Drain off excess fat and discard.
5. Stir in chili powder, cumin, black peppercorns, drained tomatoes, drained corn, and green pepper strips. Bring to a boil and let cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Stir in as much hot cooked rice as desired. Cover with lid, turn off heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!