Grilled Rib Eye Steak with Mushroom Wine Reduction Sauce cooked on the Somerset III Gas Grill from Camp Chef. Using a two step cooking process then finishing up with a red wine reduction sauce with mushrooms and shallots.
|Boneless ribeye||1 1/2 Pound|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For wine reduction sauce|
|Shallot||1 , sliced|
|Crimini mushrooms||6 , sliced|
|Chopped rosemary||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (((Zinfindel)))|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
1. Season ribeye steak with salt and pepper. Set it aside.
2. Heat up the grill to 350 F (with both direct and indirect heating sides). Preheat the pan on the gas grill for about 5 minutes.
3. Heat olive oil in the pan, put the steak on the pan. cook it up on both sides such that a beautiful crust is formed on both sides.
4. Pull the steak from the pan and place it over indirect heat in the grill. Close the lid and let it cook.
5. Place some asparagus on the sides of the steak. Let them cook together.
6. When the steak reaches an internal temperature of 140 F in the thickest part, pull the steak and asparagus off and let the steak rest.
7. Take the same pan in which steak was cooked and add some more oil to it. Saute some onions over low heat. Once the onions start getting soft, add some mushrooms and rosemary. Saute these down a little bit.
8. Add some wine and cook the sauce at steady low heat until the sauce is reduced to half.
9. While the sace is cooking, slice up the steak.
10. When the sauce has reduced down, drop in butter one pat at a time. Season it with salt and pepper, if desired and then turn off the heat.
11. In a serving dish, arrange asparagus in a geometric fashion. Place the steaks and then top it with the reduced wine sauce, mushrooms and shallots. Serve.