|Lima beans||12 Ounce|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Smoked ham/Salt pork piece||1|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Onion||1 Large , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , minced|
|Bacon drippings||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomato soup||10 3/4 Ounce (1 can)|
|Vinegar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Bacon strips||2 (for garnish)|
1. Preheat oven to 300°.
2. Soak beans overnight or quick-soak.
3. Drain excess water.
4. Cook beans in water with ham and garlic clove until tender.
5. Drain. Reserve 2 cups liquid.
6. In bacon drippings, saute onion and minced garlic.
7. When onion is clear add next 6 ingredients and reserved liquid.
8. In greased casserole, alternate layers of beans and sauce.
9. Top casserole with bacon strips.
10. Place the casserole in preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes.
11. Turn off heat and leave casserole in oven until serving time.
12. Serve barbecued lima beans with lemon wedge garnish.