This is a great recipe for feeding a crowd, or to take to a pot luck supper. The bacon, onion, potatoes and ham hocks add a ton of flavor and character to this dish.
|Potatoes||4 Pound , quartered|
|Onion||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Green beans||10 Pound (Canned or fresh)|
1. If using fresh green beans, wash and pinch tips.
2. In a large Dutch oven, over medium heat, sauté onion, bacon, and ham hocks for 10 minutes or until onions are translucent.
3. Add beans, toss to blend, add a small amount of water, and simmer over low heat for approximately 3 hours.
4. Add potatoes and cook an additional 120 mins or until fork tender.
5. This is a great recipe for serving a crowd.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 11057Calories from Fat 5693
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 635 g976.9%
Saturated Fat 187 g935%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 5400 mg225%
Total Carbohydrates 837 g279%
Dietary Fiber 210 g840%
Sugars 129 g
Protein 566 g1132%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet