|Caster sugar||3 Ounce|
|Peppermint essence||2 Drop|
|Green food color||2 Drop|
|Marshmallows||6 , halved (To Decorate:)|
|Grated plain chocolate||2 Tablespoon (To Decorate:)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Grease a 7-inch square cake tin. Use greased greaseproof paper or non-stick parchment to line the bottom.
3) In a heatproof bowl, put the eggs and ¼ cup of sugar. Stand the contents over a pan of gently simmering water. Beat well till the mixture is thick and creamy.
4) Fold in the flour till the mixture is evenly blended and then spoon it into the prepared tin.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
6) Turn the preparation out onto a wire rack and then take off the paper lining. Allow to cool completely.
7) In a heatproof bowl, put the milk and marshmallows. Stand over a pan of gently simmering water and let the contents melt.
8) Add the peppermint essence and stir well. Let the mixture cool.
9) Beat the egg whites till they are stiff. Fold in the remainder of the sugar and beat again till stiff.
10) Fold into the marshmallow mixture, along with the food coloring, till evenly blended.
11) Set the mixture aside till it starts to set.
12) If you wish to freeze the cake, flash freeze till firm, wrap in foil, pack in a freezer bag, seal, label and store in the freezer for future use.
13) Slice the cake into half and then use some of the frosting to sandwich the halves together. Cover the cake with the remaining frosting.
14) Garnish the top with grated chocolate and marshmallow cut in half.
15) If using frozen cake, first removing the wrappings, thaw the cake for 2 to 3 hours at room temperature and then finish it as directed in Steps 13 and 14.
16) Place the cake on a decorative cake plate and serve at room temperature or slightly chilled. Makes an excellent dessert.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1478Calories from Fat 234
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.5%
Saturated Fat 13 g65%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 400 mg16.67%
Total Carbohydrates 291 g97%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 195 g
Protein 32 g64%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet