Betty demonstrates how to make Mint Julep Bourbon Balls. This recipe is from Chef Patrick Evans-Hylton and is a recipe that uses Keep It Simple Syrup (Kiss), spearmint flavor.
|Vanilla wafer crumb||1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs) , crushed fine|
|Confectioners sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped toasted pecans||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Light corn syrup||4 Teaspoon|
|Simple syrup||1 Tablespoon (Keep It Simple Syrup)|
|Bourbon||1 1/3 Ounce|
|Confectioners sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (as needed)|
1. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine vanilla wafer crumbs, sugar, pecans and cocoa powder. Mix well.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together corn syrup, simple syrup, and bourbon.
4. Pour the mixture over the vanilla wafer mixture and stir well to completely incorporate. Refrigerate the mixture for 5 minutes.
5. Scoop the vanilla wafer-bourbon mixture into 1-inch balls or form into squares, and roll in the confectioners' sugar.
6. Place the balls on lined baking pan. Transfer the balls to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 1 day or up to 3 weeks before serving to allow the flavors to meld.
7. Roll in additional confectioners' sugar before serving.
8. Serve and enjoy!