Kimuchi Nabe is a Japanese and Korean combination dish but mostly popular in Japan. Enjoy Kimuchi Nabe with your family and friends together on a table the Japanese way. Place the pot with Kimuchi Nabe in the center and dine with some dashi over the rice or noodles.
|Daikon||1 , grated|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Pork||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kimchi||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs) , bite size pieces|
|Green onion||4 Tablespoon|
|Red miso||1 Tablespoon|
|White miso||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Knnayaku shavings||1 Ounce|
1) In a deep pan with water add the kombu and let it sit for 10 minutes.
2) Remove the kombu, add the konnayaku shavings and bring to a boil. Turn off the heat and allow to stand until the konnayaku shavings sink.
3) Strain the dashi into a larger shallow pan, save some stock and keep aside.
4) Add the grated daikon, fish cakes, daikon slices, sake, soy sauce, pork and cabbage and simmer for 1/2 hour.
5) Stir in the kimchi,sugar and sprinkle green onions.
6) Turn off the heat and stir in the miso.
7) Adjust the soy sauce or salt if required.