A flagship indo-Chinese recipe! Vegetable Manchurian is a culmination of Indian ingredients and Chinese cooking style and is a wonderful fusion of flavors. These little balls of shredded vegetables soaked in a thick sauce bursting with flavors of ginger, garlic, chili and soya sauce tastes great with noodles or a bowl of fried rice. Vegetable Manchurian comes from the kitchens of Chinese settled in eastern India, and is a popular dish across the country today!
|For manchurian balls|
|Cabbage||2 Cup (32 tbs) , finely chopped|
|Carrot||2 Cup (32 tbs) , grated|
|Ground black pepper||2 Pinch (kali mirch)|
|Plain flour||4 Tablespoon (maida)|
|Green chilies||1 Teaspoon , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
|Oil||1/2 Liter (For deep frying)|
|For the gravy|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon , finely chopped (lehsun)|
|Green chilies||1 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
|Ginger||2 Teaspoon (adrak)|
|Spring onion whites||2 Tablespoon|
|Capsicum||2 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
|Cornflour||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chili garlic sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Spring onion greens||1 Tablespoon , finely chopped|
FOR THE MANCHURIAN BALLS
1. In a bowl, combine carrots, cabbage, salt, pepper, cornflour, and plain flour,mix well. Add green chillies and garlic to the mixture.
2. Divide the entire mixture into ten equal parts and shape them into round balls. (Sprinkle little amount of water if you find difficulty in making the balls).
3. In a wok, add oil, and when hot deep-fry the balls, immersing few at a time, till golden brown in color. Drain on paper towel and keep them aside.
FOR THE GRAVY
4. In a broad non-stick pan add oil, and when hot add ginger, garlic, and green chilies. Sauté on high heat for a few seconds, before adding spring onion whites and capsicum. Sauté for a minute and add cornflour-water mixture, 1 cup of water, and soya sauce. Mix properly and cook on high heat for a couple of minutes, before adding salt, sugar, and chili garlic sauce. Cook for half a minute and turn off heat.
5. Before serving the dish add manchurian balls to hot gravy, mix in a gentle manner, and cook on medium heat for a couple of minutes
6. Serve the dish hot after garnishing with spring onion greens.
Make the gravy just before serving;r else it might become thick.
Calories 538Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.2%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 668 mg27.83%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.7%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 1614Calories from Fat 858
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 96 g147.6%
Saturated Fat 12 g60%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2004 mg83.49%
Total Carbohydrates 177 g59.1%
Dietary Fiber 15 g60%
Sugars 27 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet