My wife Christie cooks her delicious Asian pork dish.
|For roasted pork ribs|
|Pork loin ribs||1 Pound|
|Ground ginger||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Rice wine vinegar||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable stock||1 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Smoked paprika||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1/2 Medium , chopped|
|Lemongrass stalk||1 Inch , chopped|
|Habernero pepper||1 Small , chopped finely|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , chopped|
|Cilantro stems||1 Tablespoon , chopped|
|For the fragrant broth|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1/2 Medium , thinly sliced|
|Leek||1/2 Medium , chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm) , sliced|
|Rice wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable stock||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Celery stalk||2 Medium , chopped|
|Carrot||2 Medium , peeled, chopped|
|Mushroom||3 Medium , chopped|
|Broccoli stem||1/4 , chopped|
|Lemon grass stalk||1/2 Small , julienned|
|Cilantro stems||2 Tablespoon , chopped|
|Ginger powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Smoked paprika||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Miso paste||2 Teaspoon|
|For the garnish|
|Snow peas||7 Medium , thinly sliced|
|Carrot||1 Medium , peeled, shaved|
|Green cabbage||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , shredded|
|Mushroom||3 Medium , sliced|
|Celery leaves||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soybean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemongrass||1 Inch , thinly sliced|
|Habanero pepper||1 Small , thinly sliced|
|Green onion||2 Medium , thinly sliced|
|Edamame bean||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||2 Tablespoon , chopped finely|
For The Roasted Pork Ribs
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a roasting pan place the ribs in a single layer. Sprinkle ginger powder, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, vegetable stock, fish sauce, garlic powder, paprika and soy sauce.
3. Add the onions, lemongrass, habernero pepper, garlic and cilantro stems. Roast in the oven for around 1 hour. Flip it after 30 minutes and continue to cook. Remove from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes before cutting them into pieces. Set aside.
4. Cook the noodles in a pot of water and drain it. Set aside.
For The Fragrant Broth
5. In a pot heat sesame oil and olive oil on medium heat. Add the onions, leek and garlic. Saute till they turn light brown. Add the rice wine vinegar, vegetable stock and water.
6. Put in celery, carrot, mushrooms, broccoli stems, lemon grass and cilantro stems. Season the broth with ginger powder, smoked paprika and soy sauce. Stir well to mix.
7. Bring them to boil and reduce the heat and simmer for another hour. After 1 hour add the miso paste and stir to incorporate.
8. Strain the broth into a pot or jug along with the juice from the roasted prok ribs.
9. In a serving bowl put the noodles, snow peas, carrot ribbons, cabbage, mushrooms, celery leaves and soy sprouts (or any garnish being used). Arrange the pork rib slices on top and pour the broth over it to cover 3/4th.
10. Serve the pork ribs with fragrant broth hot with any crusty bread or as it is.
Any garnish of choice can be used for this dish. Pork can be replaced with vegetarian proteins like legumes and peas.
Calories 577Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.1%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2707 mg112.79%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 42 g84%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 2308Calories from Fat 532
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.4%
Saturated Fat 16 g80%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 10828 mg451.16%
Total Carbohydrates 276 g92%
Dietary Fiber 40 g160%
Sugars 36 g
Protein 168 g336%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet