This dish is very similar to the very common egg fritters. You may serve the fritter as it is or sauteed with sauces and spiced with green chilies and black pepper to your taste. This chili egg dish can be served as a side dish or an appetizer.
|For the omelette|
|Black pepper powder||1 Teaspoon (Adjust to your taste)|
|For the batter|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon (Maida)|
|Black pepper powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Ginger paste||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (As needed to get a thick smooth batter)|
|For frying the batter coated egg strips|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As needed for deep frying)|
|Rest of the ingredients for the chili egg|
|Chopped garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Green chilies||3 Small , chopped finely|
|Onions||3 Medium , thinly sliced|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato ketchup||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped green onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Chopped into 1|
1. In a bowl, beat the eggs, season with salt and black pepper. Whisk well and set aside.
To prepare the omelette:
2. Preheat a frying pan with oil. Pour half of the beaten egg mixture, swirl the pan around to spread it evenly around the pan.
3. Cook for about 2 minutes, flip sides and cook until both sides are done.
4. Slide the omelette into a plate and pour the remaining egg mixture. Similarly prepare a second omelette and set aside to cool slightly.
5. Once cooled, cut the omelettes into thin strips and keep aside.
To prepare the batter:
6. In a bowl, add all the ingredients (except water) for the batter and mix.
7. Slowly add water a little at a time and continue to mix until you get a thick smooth lump free batter.
8. Into this batter, add the omelette strips and toss to coat every piece with the batter. Set aside.
9. Heat oil in a pan for frying the batter coated egg strips. When oil is hot, carefully put in the coated egg strips one by one and fry until crispy golden brown. Once done, remove onto a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
10. In a heated frying pan with oil, add garlic and saute for a minute.
11. Then, add green chilies and onions and stir fry until the onions turn translucent.
12. Add the fried egg strips, soy sauce, tomato ketchup, black pepper, sugar and salt. Toss well to coat all the egg strip with the sauces.
13. Finally add the green onions and toss.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 388Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.4%
Saturated Fat 4 g20%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 431 mg17.96%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.3%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 11 g22%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 1552Calories from Fat 808
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g141.6%
Saturated Fat 16 g80%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 1724 mg71.84%
Total Carbohydrates 148 g49.2%
Dietary Fiber 16 g64%
Sugars 36 g
Protein 44 g88%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet