I first saw this style recipe in Diners, Drive ins, and Dive when they visited BopNGrill restaurant in Chicago. I thought this would make a great sandwich.
|Ciabatta bread slices||8 , toasted|
|For asian style steak|
|Rib eye steak||250 Gram , thinly sliced|
|Asian pear||1 Small|
|Canned pineapple||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic bulb||1 1/2 , peeled (around 15 cloves)|
|Mirin||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sprite||150 Milliliter (1/2 can)|
|Caramelized onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Low sodium soy sauce||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Carrot||1 Large , julienned|
|For the cole slaw|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro||3 Teaspoon , chopped finely|
|Coleslaw mix||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (shredded cabbage +carrots)|
1. In a blender add pears, pineapple, garlic, mirin, sprite, caramelized onion, scallion, red pepper flakes, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Blend till smooth.
2. In a large bowl, add soy sauce and brown sugar. Mix well. Pour the mixture from the blender and whisk well till combined.
3. Add the steak slices, onions and carrots. Mix well till all are coated and covered in the marinade. Cover with a plastic wrap or lid and marinate it for at least 12 hours (ideal 24 hours) in the refrigerator.
4. Heat a grill plate or skillet with oil on high heat. Put the marinated steak with onions and carrot on it and let it cook till the steak is fully done. Stir occasionally to cook evenly. Transfer into a bowl or plate.
5. In another bowl, mix mayo, honey, rice wine vinegar, mirin and cilantro. Add the Cole slaw mixture and toss well till coated evenly.
6. On one half of the toasted ciabatta bread put the Asian style steak. Top it with Cole slaw. Place the other slice of the bread to cover it and form a sandwich.
7. In a serving plate, serve the sandwich with fries or chips and refreshing beverage or drink.