We will show you 5 amazing recipes for cooking with Korean stone bowl or hot pot.You are so ready to impress your guests!
|For the ddukbaegi bulgogi (recipe 1)|
|Beef sirloin||300 Gram , thinly sliced|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Water||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Rice wine/Sake||2 Tablespoon (Korean rice wine|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Korean glass noodles||50 Gram (Soaked in water for 30 min, rinsed and drained)|
|Onion||1/2 Medium , sliced|
|Carrot||1/4 Medium , julienned|
|Perilla leaves||4 Medium , sliced (Optional)|
|Portobello mushrooms||50 Gram , sliced|
|Oyster mushrooms||1 Ounce , cut into bite sized pieces|
|Enoki mushrooms||1 Ounce , washed, roots discarded|
|Dried red chili pepper||2 Pinch , sliced (Sil|
|For the dolsot bibimbap (recipe 2)|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Cook in a pot/rice cooker)|
|Shitake mushrooms||2 Ounce , soaked in water for 2 hours, rinsed and water squeezed out, julienned (Prepared as given in directions below)|
|Fernbrake/braken||4 Ounce , soaked in water for 2 hours (Prepared as given in directions below)|
|Platycodon root||4 Ounce , soaked in water for 2 hours, then soaked in salt water for 20 minutes, julienned (Prepared as given in directions below)|
|Spinach||9 Ounce (Prepared as given in directions below)|
|Korean spring greens||7 Ounce (Prepared as given in directions below)|
|Soybean sprouts||7 Ounce (Prepared as given in directions below)|
|Carrot||1/2 Large , julienned (Prepared as given in directions below)|
|Beef slices||7 Ounce (Marinated and prepared as given in directions below)|
|Soy sauce||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs) , divided (Regular soy sauce)|
|Sesame oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) , divided|
|Minced garlic||1 1/2 Tablespoon , divided|
|Green onions||5 Tablespoon , chopped, divided|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon , divided|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon , divided|
|Vegetable oil||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , divided|
|Soy sauce for soup||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , divided (Gook|
|Red chili paste||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Medium (One per serving)|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon , divided|
|For the al bap (recipe 3)|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cucumber||1/2 Medium , cut into small bits|
|Crab meat||100 Gram , torn, cut into small bits (Imitation crab meat used)|
|Pickled radish||100 Gram , cut into small bits (Dan|
|Kimchi||9 Ounce , cut to make 1 cup of small pieces (Optional)|
|Sesame oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flying fish roe||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Korean rice wine||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (Cheong|
|Seaweed||1 Medium , broken into small bits (Laver|
|For the dwenjang jjigae (recipe 4)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Dried anchovy||20 Medium|
|Dried kelp||1 Small (5|
|Soybean paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Red chili pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Minced garlic||2 Teaspoon|
|Korean radish||1/4 Medium , thinly sliced|
|Onion||1/2 Medium , cut into squares|
|Zucchini||1/4 Medium , cut into squares|
|Clams||5 Ounce (Short|
|Red chili pepper||1/2 Medium , cut diagonally|
|Tofu||4 Ounce , sliced into rectangles (Bean curd)|
|Green onion||1/2 Medium , cut diagonally|
|Green chili pepper||1/2 Medium , cut diagonally|
|For the dduk||bae|
|Rice wine||1 Tablespoon (Cheong|
|Shrimp fish sauce/Salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili pepper||1/2 Small , sliced diagonally (To garnish) (Optional)|
|Green chili pepper||1/2 Small , sliced daigonally (To garnish)|
|Green onion||1/2 Medium , chopped (To garnish)|
To prepare Ddukbaegi Bulgogi (Recipe 1):
1. In a bowl, mix 4 tbs of soy sauce, 3 tbs of sugar, 1/3 cup water, 2 tsp cheong-ju, 1 tsp minced garlic and a pinch of black pepper.
2. Marinate very thinly sliced beef sirloin with this mix and leave it for 30 minutes.
3. Soak 50 grams of Korean glass noodles in water for at least 30 minutes, rinse and drain.
4. Soak the stone bowl in room temperature water for a few minutes before pre-heating to prevent cracks.
5. Take the stone bowl out of the water and while it is still wet, preheat the bowl on low heat for 5 minutes.
6. Add the beef with all the marinade and cook on high heat for 5 minutes or until half cooked.
7. Add the onions, carrots, portobello mushrooms, oyster mushrooms and glass noodles. Cook for another 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. After 10 minutes, add the enoki mushrooms and the perilla leaves and cook for another 2 minutes.
9. Serve hot garnished with sliced dried red chili peppers
To prepare Dolsot Bibimbap (Recipe 2):
1. Cook rice in a pot or using a rice cooker and keep aside.
2. Soak dried shitake mushrooms in water for at least 2 hours (or overnight). Then, wash thoroughly and squeeze all the water out. If using fresh shitake mushrooms, just wash them in cold water.
3. Soak dried braken or fernbrake in water for at least 2 hours (or overnight).
4. Soak dried platycodon roots for at least 2 hours and then soak in salt water for 20 minutes (optional).
5. Rinse all the vegetables thoroughly in cold water.
6. Marinate the beef with 2 tbs regular soy sauce, 1 tbs sugar, 1 tbs sesame oil, 1/2 tsp minced garlic, 1 tbsp chopped green onions and a pinch of black pepper. Set aside for a while.
7. Blanch bracken, platycodon roots, spinach, and Korean spring greens in boiling water with a pinch of salt (bracken: 15-20 minutes, platycodon roots: 10 minutes, spinach: 3 minutes, Korean spring greens: 3 minutes). Rinse in cold water and squeeze all the water out with your hands.
8. Blanch soy bean sprouts in boiling water with a pinch of salt for 5 min with the lid closed. Rinse in cold water and drain water out. Do not squeeze.
9. Coat a pan with 1 tbsp sesame oil. Saute braken with 1 tsp minced garlic and 1 tbsp chopped green onions for 5 minutes on medium heat.
10. Add 2 tbs water and 1 tbs soy sauce for soup (Gook Gan Jang) and saute for another 15 minutes.
11. Turn off the heat. Add a pinch of black pepper and 1/2 tsp sesame seeds. Set aside.
12. Saute the platycodon roots in the same way as bracken and set aside.
13. Saute shitake mushrooms in 1 tbsp sesame oil, with a pinch of salt and pepper for 10 min on high heat and set aside.
14. Saute carrots in 1 tbsp vegetable oil with a pinch of salt and pepper for 10 min on high heat and set aside.
15. Saute the marinated beef in 1 tbsp vegetable oil on high heat for about 7 minutes until fully cooked, stirring constantly.
16. Season spinach with 1/2 tsp minced garlic, 1/2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp soy sauce used in soup (Gook Gan Jang), 1 tbsp regular soy sauce, 1 tbsp chopped green onions, 1/2 tsp sesame seeds, a pinch of black pepper and mix well with your hands.
17. Season Korean spring beans in the same way as the spinach and set aside.
18. Season soy bean sprouts with 1 tbs sesame oil, 1/2 tsp garlic, 1/2 tsp sesame seeds, 1 tbs green onions, a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well with your hands and set aside.
19. Preheat the stone bowl on low heat for 10 min. Place a bed of rice (short grain rice/sticky rice) at the bottom of stone bowl.
20. Add more rice as desired. Top with various namuls (toppings) so that contrasting colors are beside each other and leave it on a low heat for another 5 to 10 minutes and leave it on low heat for 10 min (or until golden brown crust is formed at the bottom).
21. Fry eggs with salt and pepper to taste and place it on top of the dish (one for each serving).
22. Serve with Korean red chili paste (Go-Chu-Jang) and sesame oil on the side.
To prepare Al Bap (Recipe 3):
1. Chop the Korean pickled radish and cucumber into small bits.
2. Tear crab meat into thin strips. Then, chop into small bits.
3. Chop Kimchi (optional) into small bits. Stir-fry them with sesame oil.
4. Prepare 1 cup of flying fish eggs. Soak them in Korean rice wine for a few minutes and dry on paper towel to get rid of the fishy taste. (optional)
5. Coat the stone bowl/hotpot with sesame oil. Put some cooked rice into the bowl and place it on low heat for 10 minutes until the rice turns crispy at the bottom.
6. Top with all ingredients, placing the fish eggs in the center and sprinkle the top with some seaweed bits. Leave it on low heat for another 5 minutes or until it forms a crusty bottom layer.
7. Serve warm as it is.
To prepare Dwenjang Jjigae (Recipe 4):
1. Boil 3 cups of water in a pot. Put the anchovy heads and 1 piece of kelp (optional) into the boiling water. Let it boil on high heat for 15 minutes.
2. Dissolve 3 table spoons of soybean paste into the broth by rubbing over a sifter. Let it boil for 3 minutes on medium heat and add 1 tsp of red chili pepper flakes, 2 tsp of minced garlic and radish. Boil until the radish is cooked.
3. Add the onion and zucchini and boil it for 3 minutes. Skim off the foam from the surface of the broth.
4. Add the short-neck clams and let it boil until they start to open up. Add tofu, enoki mushrooms, green onion and red chili pepper and green chili peppers. Boil it for 2 minutes and take off the heat.
5. Serve hot with rice.
To prepare Dduk-bae-gi Gae-ran-Jjim (Recipe 5):
1. Preheat the stone bowl on low heat for 10 min.
2. In a bowl beat 3 eggs, add rice wine (optional) and and season with 1 tsp of Se-Woo-Jeot (shrimp fish sauce). Set this mixture aside.
3. Into the preheated stone bowl, boil a 5-cm by 5-cm piece of dried kelp in 210 ml of water for 15 minutes on high heat.
4. Pour the mix into the boiling broth while on high heat and stir vigorously for 2 min. If it starts to overflow, lower the heat right away and cook for about 7 to 10 minutes until firm.
5. Garnish with red and green chili peppers and chopped green onions.
6. Serve hot.
When cleaning the bowls, do not put the hot bowl in cold water. It will crack whether it is real stone or ceramic stoneware.
For Ddukbaegi Bulgogi: Preparation time - 20 min Cook time - 60 min
For Dolsot Bibimbap: Preparation time - 30 min Cook time - 120 min
For Al Bap: Preparation time - 15 min Cook time - 40 min
For Dwenjang Jjigae: Preparation time - 15 min Cook time - 30 min
For Dduk-bae-gi Gae-ran-Jjim: Preparation time - 15 min Cook time - 30 min
Calories 4204Calories from Fat 2320
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 262 g403.1%
Saturated Fat 46 g230%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 13100 mg545.83%
Total Carbohydrates 297 g99%
Dietary Fiber 29 g116%
Sugars 52 g
Protein 167 g334%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
Calories 8408Calories from Fat 4640
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 524 g806.2%
Saturated Fat 92 g460%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 26200 mg1091.66%
Total Carbohydrates 594 g198%
Dietary Fiber 58 g232%
Sugars 104 g
Protein 334 g668%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet