Doenjang Jjigae is a staple in Korean traditional meals. It's extremely nutritious and it goes well with many dishes such as Bulgogi, Galbi, grilled fish etc. You've got to try this!
|Soybean paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried kelp||1 (Optional)|
|Clams||5 Ounce (short neck) (Optional)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , minced|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Korean radish||1/4 Medium , chopped|
|Zucchini||1/3 Medium , chopped|
|Onion||1/2 Medium , chopped|
|Red pepper||1/2 Medium , chopped|
|Green chilli pepper||1/2 Medium , chopped|
|Green onion||1/2 , chopped|
|Tofu||4 Ounce , cubed|
1. BROTH: In a pot, pour water. Bring it to boil on high heat and add anchovies and kelp (if using).
2. Continue to boil for 15 minutes on high heat.
3. Remove the anchovies and kelp. Set aside.
4. In the pot with the broth dissolve the soy bean paste (rub it over the sifter).
5. Allow it to come to boil on medium heat and let it boil for 3 minutes.
6. Add red chilli pepper flakes (if using), garlic and radish. Continue to boil for another 3 minutes. Skim off the foam if present.
7. Put the clams (if using) and boil till they open. Then add tofu, green onion and red and green chilli peppers.
8. Continue to boil for another 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
9. In a serving bowl, serve this stew hot with rice.
This stew can be heated in soaked stone pots to enhance the taste.
Garnish it with red and green chilli pepper and mushrooms if desired.
For More Korean Recipes and Useful Tips, Visit Crazy Korean Cooking
For Ingredients and Cookware, Visit Crazy Korean Shopping
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 629Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.5%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2729 mg113.71%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 85 g170%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet