I've selected a recipe which is terrifically quick, laughably simple and commands rock star status in the taste category. Masala Crusted Whitebait will earn you new best friend prominence.
|For masala crusted whitebait|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Pinch|
|Kashmiri chili powder||1/3 Teaspoon|
|For lime ranch red onion|
|Onion||3 Small , sliced|
|Green chilly||1 , finely chopped|
1. In a mixing bowl take the flour, add in garam masala, cumin seeds, Kashmiri chili powder and mix it with hands.
2. Season the flour mixture with salt and pepper.
3. Dredge the whitebait with flour mixture.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan and slowly pop the coated whitebait. Deep fry for 5 minutes.
5. For making Lemon ranch red onion – In a bowl, place the onions, green chili and squeeze the lime over it. Mix well.
6. Top the lemon ranch red onion with crusted whitebait. Serve with cucumber and tomato yogurt raitha.
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1539Calories from Fat 809
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g140%
Saturated Fat 12 g60%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 845 mg35.21%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.3%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36%
Sugars 17 g
Protein 92 g184%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet