Dduk Bok Gi is one Korean dish that brings back fond childhood memories. Every Korean remembers eating Dduk Bok Gi after school. Even now, it is probably every Korean kid's and student's favorite snack food. Even the adults enjoy the spicy version of it as an accompaniment to drinks.
|Rice cake||400 Gram|
|Fish cake||200 Gram|
|Ramen noodles||1/2 Packet|
|Green onion||15 Small|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
1. Soak rice cake in cold water for 30 minutes unless they are freshly made (soft).
2. Place anchovies in a mesh ball in 4 cups of cold water. Boil for 10-15 minutes to make the base stock. (if you don't have anchovies, use beef.)
3. Boil eggs for 15 minutes.
4. Cut fish cakes in bite size triangles.
5. Slice onions and cut green onions into 2-3 inches length.
6. When the anchovy stock is done, transfer it into a sauce pan and add rice cakes. Make sure all the rice cakes are separated.
7. Add red chili pepper paste and sugar. Also, add onions and green onions.
8. Boil on medium heat for 15 minutes while stirring once in a while so the rice cake doesn't stick at the bottom. If there is not enough water, add a little bit of water.
9. Peel hardboiled eggs and add them to the pan.
10. Cook for another 5 minutes on low heat.
11. Serve on a plate and garnish with sesame seeds.
12. Enjoy hot!