|Bean sprouts||8 Ounce|
|Lean stewing beef||8 Ounce|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , peeled|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Water/Light stock||2 1/2 Pint|
|Ground black pepper||1|
1) Wash the bean sprouts under cold running water.
2) Slice the beef across the grain into thin strips.
3) In a large saucepan, saute the onion and crushed garlic. Fry well till they become transparent.
4) Stir in the beef and fry for 10 more minutes till has browned all over.
5) Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of soy sauce and bean sprouts. Mix well and cook on medium flame for 5 minutes.
6) Slowly, pour in water or stock along with 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil. Stir well to scrape the sediments from the bottom of the pan.
7) Let the mixture come to a boil. Cover and cook on low flame for 3 minutes.
8) Serve the Korean Bean Sprout Soup in a hot tureen. Serve hot.