|Whole mushrooms||8 Large|
|Pepper red||1/2 Large|
|Lemon||1/2 , juiced|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Basil leaves||3 (Torn Into Pieces)|
|Coriander sprig/Italian parsley sprig||3|
|Garlic clove||1 Small , minced|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Unsalted butter||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs) , melted|
|Chopped basil leaves||1 Tablespoon (3 Large Leaves)|
1. Wash the scallops thoroughly. Using a mushroom brush or damp cloth, clean the trimmed mushroom. Slice red peppers into squares.
2. Take a small bowl, prepare the marinade by mixing lemon juice, vegetable oil, savory, basil leaves, fresh coriander or Italian parsley and minced garlic. Season with freshly ground pepper.
3. Add the scallops to the marinade and allow standing at room temperature for about 60 minutes, whiling tossing every now and then for even marinading coating.
4. Prepare the lemon basil butter by mixing melted unsalted butter, lemon juice and chopped fresh basil leaves.
5. Take four skewers and arrange mushrooms and scallops alternatively with red pepper squares. Grill the kebabs on hot coals for about 5 minutes, turning frequently, basting with lemon butter as required.
6. Serve as an appetizer immediately or top rice pilaf with the kebabs and serve as entrée, passing the excess lemon butter.
1. Scallops can be marinated for about 2 to 3 hours in refrigerator. If marinated longer, scallops can be cooked in lemon juice.