|Mugwort||2 Cup (32 tbs) (70 grams, for mugwort rice cake)|
|Rice flour||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (sweet, for mugwort rice cake)|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (for mugwort rice cake)|
|Salt||1/4 Teaspoon (for mugwort rice cake)|
|Water||2 Tablespoon (for mugwort rice cake)|
|Clam||13 Small (for mugwort soup)|
|Onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , chopped (about 1/2 an onion, for mugwort soup)|
|Anchovy||10 Medium , dried with the heads and guts removed (for mugwort soup)|
|Soy bean paste||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (for mugwort soup)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (for mugwort soup)|
|Garlic clove||3 Medium , minced (for mugwort soup)|
|Perilla seeds||2 Tablespoon , powdered (optional, for mugwort soup) (Optional)|
|Red chili/Green chili||1 Medium , chopped (for mugwort soup)|
TO MAKE THE MUGWORT SOUP:
To prepare the clams:
1. In a bowl place 12-13 small clams.
2. Add 1 cup of water and 1 teaspoon salt and mix well.
3. Soak for 1 hour to let the clams spit out any sand or mud.
To prepare the mugwort :
4. Wash and clean 3-4 cups of mugwort thoroughly by washing thoroughly and rinsing and draining in cold running water a couple of times.
5. If needed scrub it by hand to remove any residual dirt from between the leaves.
6. Put it in a bowl and set aside
7. To make anchovy stock:
8. Put 6 cups of water into a pot.
9. Add cup's worth of chopped onion (about an onion) and 10 large dried anchovies (with guts and heads removed) to the pot and boil for 20 minutes over high heat.
10. Gently mix the mugwort with cup soy bean paste, 1 tbs flour, 3 cloves of minced garlic and 2 tablespoon perilla seeds powder (optional).
11. Strain the stock so it's clear and a little brownish. Put it back in the pot and reheat it.
12. Add the seasoned mugwort mixture to the boiling stock.
13. Wash and drain the clams and put them into the soup.
14. Cook 5-7 minutes more, then add chopped green or red chili pepper.
15. Transfer the soup to a bowl and serve with rice and a few more side dishes.
TO MAKE MUGWORT RICE :
1. Clean 2 cups of mugwort (70 grams) by washing thoroughly and rinsing and draining in cold running water a couple of times.
2. Scrub it by hand to remove any residual dirt from between the leaves if needed.
3. Slightly squeeze the clean mugwort and put it on a microwavable plate.
4. Add 1/3 cup sweet rice flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoon water.
5. Mix it up with both hands until there's no sweet rice flour left at the bottom of the plate.
6. Cook it for 3-4 minutes in the microwave oven.
7. Take it off the plate and turn it over with a spoon or spatula.
8. Serve it hot with garnish as desired.
This video is a creation of Maangchi. You can visit Maangchi for complete recipes, and more videos.