Today we will show you, how to prepare a traditional Malaysian dessert Bubur cacar. It can be served hot or cold depending on your preference.
|Sweet potaoes||200 Gram|
|Pandan leaves||5 Medium|
|Coconut cream||140 Milliliter|
|Coconut milk||200 Milliliter|
1. Dice sweet potatoes and yam.
2. Steam it in a traditional steaming pot or a pressure cooker. Until they turn soft but keep their original cube shape.
3. Then, reduce heat to low and leave it to simmer for a minute. Set aside and cover for the flavours to infuse.
4. Mix half coconut cream with water, salt, the sugar and the pandan leaves in a medium size sauce pot and bring to a boil.
5. Remove the sweet potatoes and the yam cubes from the steamer and add it into the mixture. Bring to boil.
6. Stir it well for 2 minutes. Add the balance of coconut to keep the coconut aroma, stir once again.
7. Serve immediately in small bowls but if you like it cold, just throw in some ice cubes.