Steamed Lapu-Lapu is steamed fish (particularly Grouper fish) stuffed with lemon and ginger with sweet lemon-ginger sauce.
Though simple, this recipe is beneficial to your health. Fish is a low calorie food that is also low in fat. Recent studies also concluded that eating fish regularly can cut the risk of death from heart disease by a third. There were even studies claiming that eating fish can lessen the risk of Prostate Cancer, Depression, and Inflamation.
|Grouper fish||1 , cleaned, scales removed, salted ((Lapu|
|Lemon juice||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ginger||3 Tablespoon , cut into strips|
|Lemon zest||2 Tablespoon , either grated or thinly sliced|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Place the fish over an aluminum foil (the foil must be large enough to cover the entire fish)
2. Stuff the fish with slices of lemon and 2 tbsp ginger strips then securely close the foil.
3. Place the foil with fish in a steamer and steam for 20 to 30 minutes (this will depend on the size of the fish)
4. While steaming, heat a saucepan and put-in the lemon juice.
5. Add the sugar and stir until it fully dissolves in the lemon juice.
6. Add water and bring to a boil.
7. Put-in the lemon zest and 1 tbsp ginger strips then simmer until sauce becomes somewhat thick
8. Remove the fish from the steamer and aluminum foil cover and place in a serving plate.
9. Pour over the sauce and garnish with cilantro
10. Serve hot. Share and enjoy.
Note: You may want to have some fish sauce by your side to compliment this dish.