The flavor and smooth and creamy texture of this puree is so delicious I think youll find it to be a hit with kids of any age in your house.
|Canned white beans||15 Ounce , rinsed and drained (1 Can)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large , unpeeled|
|Lemon||1/2 , juiced (1/2 Tablespoon)|
|Olive oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees.
2. Wash beet well and place with garlic clove on a sheet of foil. Bring up sides of foil and fold to make a packet leaving room for heat to circulate inside the packet containing the beet and garlic.
3. Bake for 45 minutes or until beet is tender when poked with a knife.
4. Remove skin off of the garlic and the beet (I use a zip lock bag on my hand and slip the skin off so my hand doesn’t turn red).
5. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
For more information please visit:
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 1102Calories from Fat 493
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.2%
Saturated Fat 7 g35%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 2195 mg91.46%
Total Carbohydrates 123 g41%
Dietary Fiber 30 g120%
Sugars 21 g
Protein 36 g72%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet