My friend, Patty Falo came over today and taught me how to cook vegan Pho (pronounced fuh). On a very personal level, she shared her story of being diagnosed with breast cancer, the journey through fear and confusion to coming out the other side a plant-based survivor.
|Homemade veggie broth|
|Savory choice pho liquid broth|
|Carrots, thinly sliced|
|Zucchini, thinly sliced|
|Jalapeño, thinly sliced|
|Marinated baked portobello mushrooms:|
|2 portobello mushrooms|
|1/8 cup balsamic vinegar|
|1 tablespoon Dijon mustard|
1. Prep a large pot with boiling water for rice noodles.
2. Bring veggie broth to a simmer, stir in vegan pho broth concentrate. Simmer carrots and zucchini until softened. Reduce heat to low stir in bean sprouts, tomatoes, and spinach.
3. Follow directions on rice noodles package to cook. Drain.
For Marinated Baked Portobello Mushrooms:
4. Mix items together than pour over upside down mushrooms. Cover and bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Flip mushrooms and bake another 10 minutes or so.
5. In each serving bowl, add cooked rice noodles, ladle veggies and broth on top. Squeeze a little lime juice over it. Top with marinated baked portobello mushrooms.