Crispy baked not fried chicken wings glazed in Korean BBQ sauce. Juicy, sweet, savory and salty, all in one bite. Learn how to make crispy, juicy chicken wings in the oven!
|Chicken wings||2 Dozen|
|Soy/Tamari||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1/2 Tablespoon|
|Grated fuji apple/Asian pear||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon ((for garnish))|
|Scallions||1 Tablespoon ((for garnish))|
1. In a pot, cover your chicken with water and bring it to a rolling boil with a light pinch of salt.
2. Drain and blot each piece well. The drier the chicken, the better it will crisp up.
3. For the sauce, combine the soy/tamari, sugar, sesame oil, apple/pear and grated garlic and ginger. Bring this sauce to a bubble and reduce by half. Remember that it will continue to thicken as it cools.
4. In a single layer, broil your chicken for 15-30 minutes. Keep your eye on them as each broiler is different. Rotate each piece half way through. It is ready when it's golden brown.
5. In a bowl, combine your chicken and sauce, reserving about a of it for dipping later.
6. Garnish with your desired toppings from scallions, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes, crushed nuts, etc.
7. Serve with rice or pickled radish.