Today let's cook Korean Spicy Tofu Stew, Sundubu Jjigae Recipe.
Sundubu jjigae is a stew made with tofu, vegetables, and seafood or meat. A raw egg is added just before serving. Its typically eaten with a bowl of cooked white rice and several banchan side dishes.
|Pork belly||5 Ounce , chopped into bite size pieces|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon , minced|
|Korean red pepper flakes||4 Tablespoon|
|Low sodium chicken stock||1 Quart|
|White onion||2 Medium , chopped into bite size pieces|
|Zucchini||1 Medium , chopped into bite size pieces|
|Extra soft tofu||20 Ounce|
|Scallions||1/2 Bunch (50 gm) , chopped finely|
1. Heat sesame oil in a pan. Add pork, salt and fry.
2. Drop in chopped garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for a minute.
3. Pour chicken stock and soy sauce, mix.
4. Add onion, zucchini and soft tofu. Cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Throw in scallions and pepper. At last, gently break an egg on top.
6. Serve with steamed rice and other accompaniments.