This rich creamy Mediterranean-inspired dip features a lively blend of chickpeas, tahini paste, lemon, garlic and olive oil blended velvety smooth and delicious in a food processor for quick and easy assembly. Serve hummus garnished with a drizzle of olive oil and roasted pepper puree with a generous portion of whole grain rye crackers for indulgent dipping.
|Canned chickpeas||31 Ounce , drained, liquid reserved|
|Tahini sesame paste||6 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||6 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic and pepper seasoning blend||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In the food processor, combine chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic cloves, kosher salt and garlic pepper.
3. Pulse until smooth; adding 2 to 4 tablespoons reserved liquid from canned chickpeas, as needed, to adjust the thickness of hummus dip.
4. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed.
5. Brush flat bread or pita bread with olive oil and sprinkle with Kosher salt. Place on a baking sheet and warm for approximately 5 minutes.
6. Put hummus in a bowl; garnish with a dollop of roasted red pepper sauce and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with warm flatbread or pita chips.