|Apples||5 Medium , peeled and diced|
|Ground cinnamon||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Walnuts||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Frangelico/Amaretto almond flavor||3 Tablespoon|
|Whip cream||1 Tablespoon (For Topping)|
1. Fill a medium size boiling pot half way with water.
2. Bring water to a boil.
3. Boil apples until they are tender (al dente - firm, not too soft).
4. Pour apples and water into a strainer, drain out water.
5. Place cooked apples in a large bowl.
6. With a potato masher, mash apples so they are a bit mushy, but still chunky.
7. Pour in lemon juice, Stir.
8. Add in cinnamon, walnuts, brown sugar and Frangelico or Amaretto. Mix.
9. Serve applesauce in a pretty dish, cup or glass, hot or cold, topped with whipped cream. Enjoy!
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 821Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.4%
Saturated Fat 5 g25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 15 mg0.63%
Total Carbohydrates 165 g55%
Dietary Fiber 35 g140%
Sugars 111 g
Protein 7 g14%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet