|Cortland||6 Medium , cored|
|Cortland apples||6 Medium , impeded, cored, and thinly sliced|
|Medjool dates||10 , pitted and snipped|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Honey||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs) , toasted|
|Oats||1 1/3 Cup (21.33 tbs) , rolled|
|Unbleached all||purpose flour|
1. Heat the oven to 350Â°F.
2. In a large bowl toss the apples, dates, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar well and set aside.
3. In a small saucepan place the butter and honey over low heat and cook the ingredients until they are melted.
4. In another bowl, mix together the wheat germ, oats, flour and salt.
5. Mix the honey mixture with the dry ingredients well.
6. On the bottom of a 12-inch oval casserole spread half of the apple mixture, scatter half of the oat topping over the apples and cover with the remaining apples and topping.
7. Bake the dessert until the apples are tender and the top is crisp, approximately 30 minutes.
8. Serve hot with beverage or as a dessert snack.