Betty demonstrates how to make Derby Day Bourbon Pecan Cookies. This is a great cookie for a Derby Party, also for Mother's Day dinner. You may add or omit the Bourbon whisky. In the video, half of the cookies are made with Bourbon whisky, half without. Both kinds are delicious!
|Yellow cake mix||15 1/4 Ounce|
|Softened butter||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , firmly packed|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweetened flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bourbon||1 1/2 Ounce (more or less to taste) (Optional)|
1. Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, butter, eggs, and brown sugar. Mix until well combined.
3. Add pecans and coconut. Fold to combine and then add bourbon (if using). Mix well.
4. Sprinkle flour on top and mix to combine.
5. Drop cookie dough by teaspoonfuls on ungreased baking sheet. Pop in oven and bake for 10-11 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned on top. Rotate the baking sheet a couple of times for even cooking.
6. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack to cool.
7. Serve and enjoy!