I was invited to participate in Wigs Food Challenge Series. It's close to impossible to cook anything in 5 minutes, but this was doable, and was a great lunch. I had fun trying to pull this off!
|For the soup|
|Crushed tomatoes||48 Ounce|
|Water||3 1/2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Granulated garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Granulated onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Italian seasoning||1 Pinch|
|Celery salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn flour||2 Tablespoon , mixed with 1/4 cup water|
|Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For cheese toast|
|Rye bread||2 (Jewish type)|
|Pepper jack cheese slices||2|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Sharp cheddar cheese slice||2|
1. Heat crushed tomatoes with water in a pan. Add granulated garlic, granulated onion, kosher salt, cayenne pepper, italian seasoning and celery salt. Mix well and bring it to a quick boil. Mix cornflour mixed in water to thicken the soup.
2. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup half and half to the soup.
3. Place a piece of jewish rye bread, layer with pepper jack cheese slice. Place tomato slice in the middle. Layer with another round of sharp cheddar cheese slice and cover with the second piece of jewish rye bread.
4. Heat butter in a cast iron skillet. Place the sandwich on the hot skillet and toast it on both sides.
5. Serve soup with cheese toast on a platter.